Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Ridiculously Easy Fudge

First, I know, another non-freezer meal recipe. I'm sorry! But not sharing a fudge recipe this easy would have been rude of me! Don't fear - I have freezer twice baked potatoes coming when I get home from work!

Now, what inspired me to make fudge at 10:15 in the morning when I should have been getting ready for work? I have no idea, apparently something on HGTV, since that's what I was doing when inspiration struck. So I Googled and found an easy, 3-ingredient fudge that I could easily complete (AND post) and still do my hair before work. Not gonna lie, it's not the BEST fudge in the world, I mean BYU Bookstore fudge would definitely beat it, but any recipe that requires a candy thermometer is probably not happening in my kitchen (especially on a Tuesday morning).

Photo from Allrecpies.com

No-Fail Fudge

INGREDIENTS
  • 3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
  • 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
  • 1/4 cut butter (cut it into little chunks so it will melt better)
  • 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional, or anything else that might be good on it - mini marshmallows, coconut, butterscotch chips...)
INSTRUCTIONS

Place chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk, and butter in a large microwave bowl. Zap ingredients in microwave on medium until chips are melted, about 3 to 5 minutes, stirring once or twice during cooking. Stir in nuts or other toppings, if desired. (You could also use a double boiler - aka a bowl over a pot of water on the stove - if you're ambitious. The fudge would probably be smoother). Pour into well-greased 8x8 baking dish (I just lined a pan with wax paper). You can also add toppings now, on top, if you don't want to mix them in! Refrigerate until set. Eat up!

This recipe is from Allrecipes.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment