Sunday, October 16, 2011

Cranberry Chicken

I first tried this recipe from the cookbook Don't Panic! Dinner's in the Freezer, which I really recommend (buy it on Amazon.com)! I've also seen it all over the web, so it seems to be a pretty popular recipe.

Now this recipe is about as easy as it gets and man, is it GOOD. I serve it with a starch (usually couscous, because it cooks fast, or a twice baked potato, which I'll also post a freezer recipe for) and a vegetable (usually something green and frozen, either green beans or broccoli). This one isn't quite as fast on serving day, since you have to thaw it and bake it which takes a little while, but there is so little prep and it's so good that I still deem it worthwhile. Also, this is a great time of year to make it because with the holidays coming up you can find cranberry sauce on sale!

Photo from http://andsometimesicook.wordpress.com.

Cranberry Chicken

INGREDIENTS
  • 8 oz. bottle Catalina dressing (I buy a 16 oz-ish bottle and save the rest to make it another time! I have yet to see an 8 oz bottle... I don't think they exist.)
  • 1 pkg dry onion soup mix
  • 1 1-lb can whole-berry cranberry sauce
  • 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
INSTRUCTIONS

Mix together dressing, onion soup mix, and cranberry sauce. Place chicken and mixture together in a labeled freezer bag and freeze. On serving day, thaw completely and place chicken with cranberry sauce in a greased baking dish, and bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 1-1/2 hours. Serve with sides of choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment